Mind the Gap

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Flux capacitor needed



I've been thinking about time travel lately. Well, not time travel in the scientific sense, but something more esoteric.

Here's a general question for you: if you were granted the ability to go back to any point in time in your life, would you take it?

There are a lot of things that I'd like to change. There are also a lot of things I'd like to understand. If I could go back to a certain point of time in my life, with the knowledge that I have now, I probably would.

I'd probably take more opportunities, avoid doing the stupid things I've done and said, and also try and figure out the point in my life that has led me to be the way I am now.

If I was smart, I would have really paid attention in class, and not goof around. I would also like to understand the moment I decided to become a graphic designer. Was it because of need more than desire? Did I have another passion that I could have pursued? I can't seem to remember.

Yeah, it's basically all should-have, would-have, and could-haves that almost everyone has on their birthday (or every New Year).

One more thing I'd like to have practiced more when I was young was to learn how to focus. As in really focus my mind on the task at hand. I realized the other day that whenever I try to focus on anything, my mind's eye is like a disco ball, reflecting everything and settling on nothing. It feels like there are two dozen chickens flapping madly in my head. I don't know if that's normal (because I know of no one in my family with a history of dementia), but it does feel like I really can't concentrate on doing anything.

*****

Also, Happy Birthday to me!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home