Mind the Gap

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Beta!

Okay, I've been kinda lazy with playing Wrath of the Lich King beta, although I must admit that it's quite fun and I can't wait for the release!

Here it is in pictures instead:


In WotLK,  a new hero class is introduced. Called the Death Knight, you initially fight for the bad guys. This is Tala, my second DK, since I can't remember why I didn't like the first one I made:

Upon entering the "newbie" zone (newbie being level 55), your first few quests involve a meet and greet with his metal-ness himself, The Lich King!


A few quests in, you get your Acherus Deathcharger mount (automatic 100% mount, no slo-mo for me!)


One of my favorite quests, you need to ambush a messenger and in so doing, you need to hide behind "an inconspicuous tree". Inconspicuous, no?


You then can disguise yourself as the messenger to deliver something to the enemy.  As I am wont to do, I immediately dance:


Here I am with LK again.  He like to play with his sword. He likes to talk a lot too. I like the way they did the DK instance because you don't notice the changes in the scenes. Kinda hard to explain, but you'll get it if you play it:


A close up on the detail of my hood.  You enter the newbie DK instance fully  clothed, with a complete set of 12-slot bags, and about 5 gold. Yay easy playing!


A close up of the LK's sword:


This is scary me on my way to the last quest:


And this is us, with 4 other NPCs, preparing for The Light of Dawn quest.  I love this quest chain so much. Very well made, great storyline.

Here I am leaving Ebon Hold for the real world. I am on some kind of undead Tweety bird:


Finally at Orgrimmar!


Not DK related, but I was checking out the new territory: Northrend. It's nuts! Plus, if you think Fel Reaver is a pain in the ass, meet Gigantor Dwarf (can't remember his name. It's Storm something-or-other). Notice I am standing quite a ways away. As with my buddy Fel, the ground shakes although thankfully, there is no infernal screeching.


From what I've seen and done so far, I really like it.  I particularly like the addition of Achievements because just in case you don't feel like questing, or PVP-ing, you can just grind for them.  They're fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home