Mind the Gap

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Weekend wrap up

Okay, I know that it's only Saturday, but there's no way in hell that I'll be doing anything other than sleeping on Sunday, so yeah, here's the wrap up for the week.

Mark, Charissa, and Joey arrived last weekend from New York. We were all so totally happy because Mark hasn't been to Canada in eight years, plus we haven't seen him since the New York trip last November.

We did the usual rounds of Old Navy, plus we also went to an antique market downtown. There were not that many interesting things (aside from a really cool pair of cat's eye glasses that I wanted to buy, oh and a bonnet too)

Most interesting thing I saw there? The condom dispenser in the washroom. Haha!

Got to ride the subway again, since we went downtown:

It also rained almost everyday, which drove me a bit batty .  There was this one day with some very ominous looking clouds. In real life, they look like icing spread out on a cake.

Let me throw in a nice sunrise, for good measure:

All pictures from my camera phone. I don't know what's been wrong with me but I'm not really feeling all the joie de vivre as of late.

On the way to work yesterday though, this guy almost made me laugh out loud:

He was on the bus carrying a tin lunchbox. You know, the kind you carried to school in the 80's? And this guy looked big and intimidating too! He had like 5 piercings on his face alone. And the best part? His lunchbox had a picture of Cheech and Chong. Haha! Oh my god, it was so funny!

*****

I cannot wait for this show. It's called True Blood and it's based on the Southern Vampire novels by Charlaine Harris. Her books are totally fun to read (especially after all that emotional turmoil that is the Twilight Saga).

True Blood is from Alan Ball (who made Six Feet Under). I've seen the unofficial pilot online, and it's very HBO (meaning blood, sex, and gore. Mostly sex. LOL)

So if ever y'all have a vampire hangover from Twilight, check out Sookie Stackhouse and her vampire crew. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home