wants versus needs
I've been thinking a lot lately about wants and needs. Someone once told me that there is a huge difference between wanting something and needing something. Needless to say that I want a lot of things. I want a new camera, I want to travel, I want to be with Jef, I want want want want want. On the other hand...what I need is a whole different story. I need to sleep earlier, I need to work more, I need to save more, I need to stop shopping even if the shirt is only $2.99. I need to be less miserable.
I need to stop wanting so many things.
So far though, I'm kind of proud of myself for not going off the deep end and totally blowing all my savings (and credit) on stuff that I don't really need right now. Well...whatever savings I have left in the bank anyway. There are more important things to do. Like I need to save up for that all important trip. *Sigh*
I may have some self-control after all. I've learned to not be such an impulse buyer, especially when it comes to higher priced things. I have to ask myself over and over and over if I really need it. 98% of the time, I don't.
So what's my point? I don't know. I just felt the need to write down my resolution to try an not want things so much anymore.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home