Mind the Gap

Sunday, May 04, 2008

whee!

In keeping with my tradition of trying not to step foot into a movie theater until I am with Jef again, I downloaded Iron Man.


I LOVED it. I watched it with no expectations whatsoever, and I guess that helped me enjoy the movie. I was afraid though that it would royally suck (I'm looking at you, Fantastic Four.) but I am SO glad it didn't. It totally blew me away. I've already watched it three times, and I can't wait until the DVD copy. I'm also impressed with the soundtrack. They even included the theme song! I started laughing when I recognized it. Awesome awesome awesome. Made even more awesome by Stan Lee's cameo. I must admit, tumili ako when I saw him. I always do. :3

I'm not much of a Marvel fangirl, I'm more of a DC girl. I mean, I like Marvel comics and characters, and some of their movies, but I'm not really familiar with Iron Man. Which is okay, I think, because sometimes your pre-conception of how a comic-made-into-a-film should be can be so different, thus possibly disappointing yourself in the process. Again, I loved this movie. Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark is very well played. But keep in mind that this girl's knowledge of Tony Stark only comes from this:



So yeah. Yay for Iron Man for setting the bar really high for this year's upcoming comic book movies! I think The Incredible Hulk and The Dark Knight are next, right? (Hey, Jef!! There's rumors of a Constantine 2 movie. Could I be anymore happy? Woohoo!)

P.S.
I want to go to Comic Con. Any Comic Con. Please. Oh, and also the Game Expo. I want to go to these so bad, I'm going to cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home