Dragons of Elephantine Disappointment
I can't remember when I watched it, maybe late March or April, but I caught the Dragonlance movie on pay-per-view.

Sadly, my expectations were correct. The animation was appalling. I understand that their budget wasn't all that huge, but come on! They should have scrapped the 3D crap and just made it straight 2D animation. Some of the viewer comments from IMDB mentioned that it's almost the same as the 1978 Lord of the Rings animations. How I wish!! The Dragonlance movie was way wayyy below par with 1978 LOTR. Flight of Dragons had better animation for crying out loud! I'm so upset!
And it's not just the animation that I have a problem with. The story didn't flow. Granted, that it's truly hard to translate a book into film, but the story was so choppy. I mean, without the information from the books, you'd have a hard time following along.
I'm also kinda mad that they lessened the impact of my favorite character (Fizban). He's so endearing and funny, it hurt that he and Tas' comedic relationship wasn't really shown. They also revealed a huge spoiler (which was supposed to span the 3 books, gaddamit).
All in all, the potential of this movie made me really sad. As a Dragonlance fan, it broke my heart to see the characters I loved turn lifeless, washed out, and flat.
*****

Sadly, my expectations were correct. The animation was appalling. I understand that their budget wasn't all that huge, but come on! They should have scrapped the 3D crap and just made it straight 2D animation. Some of the viewer comments from IMDB mentioned that it's almost the same as the 1978 Lord of the Rings animations. How I wish!! The Dragonlance movie was way wayyy below par with 1978 LOTR. Flight of Dragons had better animation for crying out loud! I'm so upset!
And it's not just the animation that I have a problem with. The story didn't flow. Granted, that it's truly hard to translate a book into film, but the story was so choppy. I mean, without the information from the books, you'd have a hard time following along.
I'm also kinda mad that they lessened the impact of my favorite character (Fizban). He's so endearing and funny, it hurt that he and Tas' comedic relationship wasn't really shown. They also revealed a huge spoiler (which was supposed to span the 3 books, gaddamit).
All in all, the potential of this movie made me really sad. As a Dragonlance fan, it broke my heart to see the characters I loved turn lifeless, washed out, and flat.
*****
Got this from Kari and Grace.
Will I ever say this to you?
The rules are simple, list 20 things you want to say to 20 people but don't say who they are.
1. I didn't ask for it. But, as time passes, I'm beginning to like it.
2. You SUCK. You think you're soooo cute and soooo witty. Truth is, you're nauseating, annoying, and totally oblivious to other people. We all would like you to leave now.
3. I appreciate you.
4. There are no words to describe how much I miss you and them. I know you don't hear from me, but you're always in my thoughts.
5. I'm so proud of you and how well you're doing now.
6. All the electronics and all the money in the world can't make up for how much of an asshole you really are.
7. I know you're proud, pero nakaka-turn off na yung ginagawa mo eh.
8. In love ka ba sa boyfriend ko? (hahahaaaaaaaa!!!)
9. I'd rather be in bed watching TV, thanks.
10. Umilag ka na dali! (sabay clothesline, roundhouse, drop-kick, hadouken, etc)
Hmm...I can only think of 10. Is that good or bad?
Will I ever say this to you?
The rules are simple, list 20 things you want to say to 20 people but don't say who they are.
1. I didn't ask for it. But, as time passes, I'm beginning to like it.
2. You SUCK. You think you're soooo cute and soooo witty. Truth is, you're nauseating, annoying, and totally oblivious to other people. We all would like you to leave now.
3. I appreciate you.
4. There are no words to describe how much I miss you and them. I know you don't hear from me, but you're always in my thoughts.
5. I'm so proud of you and how well you're doing now.
6. All the electronics and all the money in the world can't make up for how much of an asshole you really are.
7. I know you're proud, pero nakaka-turn off na yung ginagawa mo eh.
8. In love ka ba sa boyfriend ko? (hahahaaaaaaaa!!!)
9. I'd rather be in bed watching TV, thanks.
10. Umilag ka na dali! (sabay clothesline, roundhouse, drop-kick, hadouken, etc)
Hmm...I can only think of 10. Is that good or bad?




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home