Busted
My right knee got busted yesterday. I wish I could say that I was doing something fancy when it happened. Like I busted my knee playing baseball, I was going for a spectacular catch when my knee collapsed but I caught the ball anyway. Or I could say that I was running after a thief and I hurt my knee when I tackled him.
But nope, I can't say that.
How did I wreck my knee?
I tripped getting off the bus.
In my defense, the curb was covered in snow, and it was deep and I miscalculated the depth. I stepped off the bus and tripped on the curb and, with a soft cry of "Woooo!", landed hard on my knee and both hands. I got up quickly and the bus driver asked if I was okay. I was, but all the way to work, I couldn't stop giggling at myself.
I only realized that my knee was busted when I tried to kneel down to get something in the store. I couldn't kneel at all. So I ended up doing something like a half-split (thank God for yoga), and I was cursing all the way trying to stand back up.
Serves me right for being sleepy and not watching where I was going. Sheesh.
But nope, I can't say that.
How did I wreck my knee?
I tripped getting off the bus.
In my defense, the curb was covered in snow, and it was deep and I miscalculated the depth. I stepped off the bus and tripped on the curb and, with a soft cry of "Woooo!", landed hard on my knee and both hands. I got up quickly and the bus driver asked if I was okay. I was, but all the way to work, I couldn't stop giggling at myself.
I only realized that my knee was busted when I tried to kneel down to get something in the store. I couldn't kneel at all. So I ended up doing something like a half-split (thank God for yoga), and I was cursing all the way trying to stand back up.
Serves me right for being sleepy and not watching where I was going. Sheesh.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home