Mind the Gap

Friday, December 07, 2007

Shopper's Rage™

Finally, I get to my favorite part: shopping!

People in Canada have always told me that once I get to shop in the States, I won't ever want to shop here anymore.

Yeah right...

But anyway, the term Shopper's Ragecame about when we were on our way to an outlet mall in Virginia. We were in my aunt's car and she had to go get gas. The attendant was taking too long (and was standing in front of her car, blocking the way), when she says (in Bisaya): "Get out of my way! I'm going to run you over! I have Shopper's Rage™!"

Boy, do they ever.

Within the first hour of arriving in Virginia, my Tita Peggy brings me to her room and starts giving me stuff. Haha! She gave me her old ipod (which, in turn, I ended up giving to my sister). She gave me two pairs of shoes, and a Coach bag. At that point, I went:


The Coach bag, which is probably worth more than my life (haha, hindi naman siguro), was immediately claimed by my mom.

It looked like this, minus the hardware on the straps, and the color was different:


When Vinz arrived, he brought the laptop I bought from him. (Now in kikay mode)



The day before we had to leave, we went to the outlet mall in Leesburg.



Where I found my lovely shoes:


And I took a picture of these shoes for Jef. You can see Vinz in the background, holding up my chucks, which I bought for $20 less than what I would have paid for if I bought them here in Canada.


Our packages:


I also bought my own DS:


Which everyone teased me about because I didn't buy a game to go with it.

I love my shoes:


It pays to have aunts who have the same size feet you do. I love the brown and blue shoes. So far, three people from Old Navy have threatened to steal them off my feet. :P

I didn't get to buy much in New York. Although when we went to Bryant Park, there was a small street fair, and I was able to buy prints for my wall.


My most favorite paintings: Van Gogh's Starry Night, and The Scream by Edvard Munch ( extremes, I know). The other print is a picture of Central Park. The leaf was from my brother's apartment.

This is my wall, which is in dire need of a few more things put on it:


Close up:


Part wish list, part for the fun of it.

After:


I also saved some of the Hawaiian foil flowers from my aunt's party, so I stuck those on too. I also got a postcard from NY. That piece of bond paper on the right side is Ryan's, so that he could put stickers of his own too.

Now onto my favorite part. My mom and I went out and got a bit lost in New York. While trudging along, I see this:


My heart starts beating faster:


and faster:


and at that point, I lose it and yell: "Okay Mom! We're going in here!",and drag her inside. You cannot imagine how big my smile was.

From the entrance:


and around the store:






I went nuts. I bought a shirt, a sticker, two magazines, and three comics. The winner in all this is, of course, Jef. I'm really happy because at least the next time I go to New York, I know exactly how to get to the place already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home