rollercoaster
Today was a rollercoaster day. I think I ran the gamut of emotions. And more or less cried about 90% of the time. But strangely enough, today was an overall good day.
Sad to say that I didn’t get the job. But I think that I got something better. Me being me, I started to get all weepy and promptly hid under the blanket so that they wouldn’t see me cry. But they did. So they rallied around me and tried to make me cheer up. Trust me, if you can still cry while listening to my sister warbly sing “Just keep swimming”, you have to be checked by a therapist. She can make anyone smile.
After that awful moment (the rejection, not my sister singing), I got a phone call from Jef, one from my brother, a pep talk from my mother and sister and brother-in-law, and I got to see my beloved nephews via webcam. All of them saying the same thing: that I can do better, be better, and that I shouldn’t let it get me down. They are there for me. No matter what happens. Period.
It’s amazing how I sometimes can’t see the forest for the trees.
Being rejected never felt so good.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home