Funny thought
I find it funny that there are some people who think that the most mundane things are conversational gems. Like I was introduced to this lady: "Uy alam mo, si Rosa (not her real name-naks! anonymous kuno), nagpa-rebond ng buhok yan." Ah yeah...ok. What's a good response to that? Mine was: "A talaga?" Then I mumbled something. Bleh.
Those things are right up there with "Ay alam mo ba, naka-panty yan ngayon." or "Uy si Rosa, nanalo yan ng Ms. Toronto Caveman 2006". Ok wait, that's more interesting pa nga eh. But really, what do you answer to stuff like that? Why do people do those things? Wala silang maisip na iba? Dahil ba buhaghag buhok ko that day at sinabing nagpa-rebond yung girl?
Another thing I don't like is when they mention something about you that you really don't want strangers to know. "Hoy alam mo ba yang si Marla, naghahanap ng trabaho yan." I know it's such a simple thing and not really a big to-do, but I'd really prefer it if they wouldn't let total strangers know about something like that. It's like: "Oh Emily, I have to go to the ladies room." "Okay. But don't forget to sit down when you piss!"
Jeez.
Was I being too touchy about it? I answered politely naman. The lady kinda got stumped when I said I was a graphic designer though. Hehe.
I guess it boils down to me not being comfortable with strangers. Plus the lady who blurted out that I was jobhunting wasn't even related to me. And I didn't know her that well. Oh well, maybe I just am a bit touchy.
Those things are right up there with "Ay alam mo ba, naka-panty yan ngayon." or "Uy si Rosa, nanalo yan ng Ms. Toronto Caveman 2006". Ok wait, that's more interesting pa nga eh. But really, what do you answer to stuff like that? Why do people do those things? Wala silang maisip na iba? Dahil ba buhaghag buhok ko that day at sinabing nagpa-rebond yung girl?
Another thing I don't like is when they mention something about you that you really don't want strangers to know. "Hoy alam mo ba yang si Marla, naghahanap ng trabaho yan." I know it's such a simple thing and not really a big to-do, but I'd really prefer it if they wouldn't let total strangers know about something like that. It's like: "Oh Emily, I have to go to the ladies room." "Okay. But don't forget to sit down when you piss!"
Jeez.
Was I being too touchy about it? I answered politely naman. The lady kinda got stumped when I said I was a graphic designer though. Hehe.
I guess it boils down to me not being comfortable with strangers. Plus the lady who blurted out that I was jobhunting wasn't even related to me. And I didn't know her that well. Oh well, maybe I just am a bit touchy.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home