the first day
It is very cold here. Which is funny because my sister was saying that it was kinda hot today. To my tropical-native-islander body, it's like I'm in Baguio in December. Shet.
Morty and I were warm and toasty in the bed though.

This is the view from my room:

My nephew Robbie had swimming classes at the Ajax community center today, so since Mom still had jetlag, Dad and I went with my sister and her sons to swimming.

This is the community center:


They have everything from swimming pools to yoga classes, rock climbing to hockey rinks. And those are the only places I know of, ha. I think there's a whole lot more there. I can't imagine something like this center surviving in Manila. Oh wait, meron pala...country clubs. *toink* The difference is, this community center is free. While in Manila, you gotta pay through the nose pa to get into something like this.
Aside from watching Robbie swim, I didn't really do much except take picture of gumball machines:


On our way home, my sister Marah drove by the lake (Lake Ontario, right?) to show us around. Again, unsuccessful pictures:


This is my street. Looking to the left,
and looking to the right:

And this is our house:
and the backyard (empty except for the inflatable pool which only reaches up to my calves. Not good. But then again I have a feeling that I won't be doing a lot of swimming while I'm here. Too cold)

Lastly, here's Morty being swapang when I got my dollars changed in to Canadian dollars. I have a feeling I am going to be very tipid while I'm here. I hope.
Morty and I were warm and toasty in the bed though.

This is the view from my room:

My nephew Robbie had swimming classes at the Ajax community center today, so since Mom still had jetlag, Dad and I went with my sister and her sons to swimming.

This is the community center:


They have everything from swimming pools to yoga classes, rock climbing to hockey rinks. And those are the only places I know of, ha. I think there's a whole lot more there. I can't imagine something like this center surviving in Manila. Oh wait, meron pala...country clubs. *toink* The difference is, this community center is free. While in Manila, you gotta pay through the nose pa to get into something like this.
Aside from watching Robbie swim, I didn't really do much except take picture of gumball machines:


On our way home, my sister Marah drove by the lake (Lake Ontario, right?) to show us around. Again, unsuccessful pictures:


This is my street. Looking to the left,
and looking to the right:
And this is our house:
and the backyard (empty except for the inflatable pool which only reaches up to my calves. Not good. But then again I have a feeling that I won't be doing a lot of swimming while I'm here. Too cold)
Lastly, here's Morty being swapang when I got my dollars changed in to Canadian dollars. I have a feeling I am going to be very tipid while I'm here. I hope.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home