Mind the Gap

Friday, July 15, 2005

Countdown and Cute things


It'll be about four more hours until the bookstores open and Harry Potter book 6 will be available to the public. For some reason, I'm not as excited as I was last year. I think it was because OoTP left me feeling a bit iffy. Or disturbed. Something I can't quite put my finger on. Or maybe I'm still a bit wrung out from last week's Neil Gaiman frenzy. *grin*. I still want to read it though, but since my mom made the HP book reservation in Powerbooks Glorietta...well...7:01a.m. is still a bit too early for me. Maybe I'll go in the afternoon.

***

From Lego Gallery comes some of the cutest things I've seen in a long time. Check out Neil!

Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrisson, and Alan Moore:
"You just had to write yourself into the books, didn't you? Now we are all product!"
"Och, we're so wee!"
"Man, I hope this is just flashbacks from the Kryptonian Red I got from Vietch..."

"D!"
"D." "D." "D." "D."
"D!" "D!"
"D." "D." "D." "D."
"D!" "D!"
"D." "D." "D." "D."
"D!"
"D" "D." "D." "D." "D." "Dum."

"Why aren't you up there shaking your can-can?"
"My D stands for Destruction, not Dance."
"Afraid you might break it down?"
"(That's bad Myrv, even for you.)"
"(Talk to the Writer. I just work here.)"

"Do not worry, friends Hobbits, for I, Legolas, am here to protect you!"
"Actually, Miss LEGO Lass, Sir, we're not Hobbits. We're Ewoks."
"Yeah! Mr 'Great and Powerful Wizard' here kidnapped us, shaved everything but our feet, and dressed us in these rediculous clothes."
"He has had them roaming free-range all over the ranch since Jedi - No one is even going to miss them. And besides, have you seen the CGI bill for the first movie?"

"This is all merely photons trapped in time."
"Oh, yes, very cosmic, Doctor."
"Don't you take that tone with my boyfriend!"
"Nobody move, the Owl-timer is about to go off."
"Can I get my picture in black and white?"
"One more person tells me to smile, I'll JFK 'em!"

"Can we hurry up? I have a date."
"Is anyone else thirsty?"
"Quit standing on my cape!"
"Remember, this is for posterity."
"C'mon everybody, smile!"
"Um, Silk? Would you mind moving over?"
"This is as close as you get, Nelly."
"Wait a minute, I don't have my hood on."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home