Escape
According to the weather guy, it's about 36 degrees outside. Argh! It's weird because it rains so much at night.
Anyway, it took me about a day and a half to recover from the Pahiyas trip last Sunday. Mom and I have vowed never to go again. Mwahaha! Don't get me wrong, it is definitely fun. We just happened to be there during the second hottest day of the year. Jeez. Jef wasn't able to go, so it was just me and Mom, and her barkada. I didn't get to sleep at all because the night before, I went out with Johmar, Jef, and Sig. We stayed out 'till 3am, and when I got home, we had to get ready to leave for Makati (where the tour bus would be). Gads.
The good thing about it is that I has 2 seats all to myself so that I could stretch out and sleep on the way to Quezon. Unfortunately, sleep eluded me because of the "resource person" that was talking/lecturing at the front of the bus didn't stop talking the entire trip. He's like Ernie Baron,man! He knows everything! By the time we had reached Lucban, I had learned the following:
1. Romblon is the first island to form in the Philippines.
2. Makiling is an extinct volcano but it still has boiling mud, hence the hot springs.
3. Never eat with your left hand while with Muslims.
4. Tanglad (lemongrass) is an effective mosquito repellent.
5. There's a certain plant (gads, I forgot the name), that can render you temporarily sterile.
I wonder if they let people like him join the game show circuit? They'd make sooo much money.
So back to Pahiyas. It was sooo cool! I never knew that the decorations were made out of rice and that they were edible. Hee! We walked a total of 7 kilometers (which was not easy under the noon sun). Mom kept on making me kulit about buying a hat, but I couldn't find one that I liked, so my nose got sunburned.
I took lots of pictures but my CF card won't work on this pc, so I have to wait till Jef can download them onto his pc. Oh well. Speaking of taking pictures, there were tons of photographers there. I was kinda emabarrassed with my camera but I think I got some good shots in.
By the way, Vinz, I met this girl who was taking pictures alongside me. She was soooo pretty. Type mo man, promise. ^_^. And no, unfortunately I wasn't able to take her picture. So there.
Other than that, it's been another slow week. Daddy arrived last Monday. He gave me teddy bears as a pasalubong. Me=/swt. It's the thought that counts anyway. I'm happy though because he brought home Nestle Crunch (my ultra favorite candy bar), and another version with caramel inside. Yumyum.
Senseless post, I know. No structure. Ah well. People have been YM-ing me since this morning and it's really breaking my concentration. Good chismis though. Hahah! Will try to be more coherent next time.
Anyway, it took me about a day and a half to recover from the Pahiyas trip last Sunday. Mom and I have vowed never to go again. Mwahaha! Don't get me wrong, it is definitely fun. We just happened to be there during the second hottest day of the year. Jeez. Jef wasn't able to go, so it was just me and Mom, and her barkada. I didn't get to sleep at all because the night before, I went out with Johmar, Jef, and Sig. We stayed out 'till 3am, and when I got home, we had to get ready to leave for Makati (where the tour bus would be). Gads.
The good thing about it is that I has 2 seats all to myself so that I could stretch out and sleep on the way to Quezon. Unfortunately, sleep eluded me because of the "resource person" that was talking/lecturing at the front of the bus didn't stop talking the entire trip. He's like Ernie Baron,man! He knows everything! By the time we had reached Lucban, I had learned the following:
1. Romblon is the first island to form in the Philippines.
2. Makiling is an extinct volcano but it still has boiling mud, hence the hot springs.
3. Never eat with your left hand while with Muslims.
4. Tanglad (lemongrass) is an effective mosquito repellent.
5. There's a certain plant (gads, I forgot the name), that can render you temporarily sterile.
I wonder if they let people like him join the game show circuit? They'd make sooo much money.
So back to Pahiyas. It was sooo cool! I never knew that the decorations were made out of rice and that they were edible. Hee! We walked a total of 7 kilometers (which was not easy under the noon sun). Mom kept on making me kulit about buying a hat, but I couldn't find one that I liked, so my nose got sunburned.
I took lots of pictures but my CF card won't work on this pc, so I have to wait till Jef can download them onto his pc. Oh well. Speaking of taking pictures, there were tons of photographers there. I was kinda emabarrassed with my camera but I think I got some good shots in.
By the way, Vinz, I met this girl who was taking pictures alongside me. She was soooo pretty. Type mo man, promise. ^_^. And no, unfortunately I wasn't able to take her picture. So there.
Other than that, it's been another slow week. Daddy arrived last Monday. He gave me teddy bears as a pasalubong. Me=/swt. It's the thought that counts anyway. I'm happy though because he brought home Nestle Crunch (my ultra favorite candy bar), and another version with caramel inside. Yumyum.
Senseless post, I know. No structure. Ah well. People have been YM-ing me since this morning and it's really breaking my concentration. Good chismis though. Hahah! Will try to be more coherent next time.




2 Comments:
Obviously, you were waiting for a reply... And obviously, I'm pissed (not urine ha...)... Naman, dapat pinikcuran mo siyaaaa. Sayang photo-op nya... este ko... este, ewaaaan. Anyway, ano rating? R o I? HAHAHAH...By the way, did you take home some pahiyas? Parang kropek pagnaluto and for some reason, people like putting Mang Tomas on it... I better end this comment before I go to Mang Tomas mode... Bye!
By
Anonymous, At
8:06 AM
Shet wala nang gasolina! Mang Tomaaaas! Wala nang shampoo! Mang Tomaaaas! Dude, I put her in the I category, but she's tisay and not singkit. I couldn't take her picture no! Baka naman isipin niya lezbo ako. I know what you're gonna say...SHADDAP! We brought home kiping (that's what it's called :P), but it crumbled so we ate it on the bus. Heehee.
By
marla, At
7:36 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home